The Calming Kit
The Calming Kit is a group of tools that provide sensory strategies and emotional supports to assist
children with regulating their bodies and emotions so they can be ready to learn.
Due to the popularity of this product, please allow 30-90 days for delivery of this kit.
The Calming Kit Contents:
1. Feelings Wheel: The Feelings Wheel helps children identify their feelings and engages the
thinking part of our brain, which can then lead to self regulation.
2. Five Breaths Visual Support/Bubbles: Taking deep breaths and blowing out (bubbles) will
stimulate the parasympathetic response in our bodies, which decreases oxygen consumption,
slows down heart rate, decreases blood pressure and muscle tension and calms the mind.
3. Calm Down Social Story: A Calm Down Social Story supports the calming process by providing
step by step information, using pictures and offering choices.
4. Calming Strategy Cards: Calming Strategy Cards provide visual options and choices of activities
to choose to support the calming process.
5. Glitter Bottle/Slinky: A Glitter Bottle allows time for reflection, takes your mind off the problem
and is intrinsically meditative.
6. Squeeze Balls/Play Dough/Calm Down Strategy Cards: When you are stressed or upset, your
limbic brain is stimulating, often giving busts of fight or flight. Squeezing or pushing/pulling
activities will help reduce that energy in your body.
Materials in English & Spanish.