STEM For Young Children Workshop with Dave Scahill
October 25, 2018 @ 1:00 am - 7:00 am PDT
(STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
It’s your turn to play… and talk! Explore the STEM materials children use in your program. Learn an easy, three-step approach to enhance the effectiveness of your learning environment through enriched, meaningful conversations with children. Practice and develop questions and prompts that will invite children to think more deeply or try something new. Good questions and engaging prompts have to be used at the right time to connect with children’s natural STEM interests. Watch, Listen and Engage, and then begin the conversations that are the essence of STEM in early childhood, focusing in on developing concepts, having quality back and forth exchanges, and modeling language and vocabulary development.
Play with STEM materials children use in your program. Learn an easy 3-step approach to enhance your learning environment through meaningful conversations with children, by asking questions and using vocabulary related to their play and STEM concepts.
1. Understanding the components of STEM and Frame Their Learning
2. Understanding interactive, language-based learning
3. Strategies for introducing STEM into classroom learning opportunities
4. Design an on-going process for improving implementation strategies
5. Awareness of the inter-relationship of STEM, DRDP, CLASS™
6. Development of teacher-designed STEM lessons using language-based learning
3. Large and small group discussion
Region 5 Impact Hub Coaches Summit
Madera, CA – No open registration
For more information, contact Dave Scahill.