Dr. G brings a creative perspective combined with over 30 years of educational experiences including preschool and elementary teacher, administrator, curriculum director, ECE professor and education director for Head Start/Early Head Start program serving 2,000 children. She is bilingual, a published children’s author and has designed a variety of early childhood curriculum resources. Her educational background includes a bachelor’s degree in elementary education, master’s degree in educational leadership, specialist degree in early childhood education and doctorate degree in educational leadership. She has presented at the local, state and national level including multiple times at the NAEYC. Currently, she is an education consultant creating educational resources and training early learning professionals.
- Arts-integration- STEAM across the curriculum
- Nurturing Preschool Friendships and social-emotional competence
- Emotional Intelligence and managing strong emotions
- 21st century skills, 4C’s- creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and communication Family Engagement
- Exploring loose parts targeting the arts, math and science
- “Calmmon Sense” Strategies for managing preschoolers strong emotions The strategies presented engage our 5 senses to create a more peaceful classroom. The strategies and recommendations are aligned with CLASS® and include suggestions for helping children who have experienced trauma.