Frame Their Learning
The Language of Stem
Professional Development Opportunity
Engaging in STEM Conversations with Children
(STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
It’s your turn to play… and talk! Explore the STEM materials children use in your program. Learn an easy, three-step approach to enhance the effectiveness of your learning environment through enriched, meaningful conversations with children. Practice and develop questions and prompts that will invite children to think more deeply or try something new. Good questions and engaging prompts have to be used at the right time to connect with children’s natural STEM interests. Watch, Listen and Engage, and then begin the conversations that are the essence of STEM in early childhood
Play with STEM materials children use in your program. Learn an easy 3-step approach to enhance your learning environment through meaningful conversations with children.
On-going professional development is highly recommended to achieve greatest results when using Frame Their Learning.
1. Understanding the components of STEM and Frame Their Learning
2. Understanding interactive, language-based learning
3. Strategies for introducing STEM into classroom learning opportunities
4. Design an on-going process for improving implementation strategies
5. Awareness of the inter-relationship of STEM, DRDP, CLASS and ECERS
6. Development of teacher-designed STEM lessons using language-based learning
3. Large and small group discussion
Contact Dave Scahill to participate in Professional Development or to customize a training for your unique need.